Anna is located on State Highway 5, Farm Road 455, and U.S. Highway 75
eleven miles northeast of McKinney in north central Collin County. Although
Collin McKinney settled within a few miles of the future townsite in 1846,
John L. Greer, who arrived in 1867, is credited with building the first home
and store in the new community. The Houston and Texas Central Railway, at
that time built between Dallas and Denison, passed through the area in 1873.
By the time Anna was platted in 1883, it had a population of twenty, two
stores, a steam gristmill, and a Baptist church. A post office also opened in that
year. By 1890 the town had a population of 100 to 200. Anna was incorporated
in 1913, with John L. Greer as first mayor.
Local historian Chester A. Howell compiled a brief history of Anna for
inclusion in a book that was given to those who attended the Anna school
homecoming on October 19, 1985. A one page "errata" to correct some minor
errors was added in 1989. Mr. Howell's history, A Town Named Anna, is one
of the most authoritative and complete descriptions of the history of our
Below is a Historical Image of Anna
Search Anna Homes for Sale
Keller Williams NO. Collin Cty
Keller Williams Realty Allen
Ebby Halliday, REALTORS McK
Coldwell Banker Apex-McKinney
Any home sales data appearing on this page is obtained from public record sources (or estimates, for non-disclosure states) as provided by OnBoard, LLC and does not comprise an appraisal or a Comparative Market Analysis (CMA). This information should not be used to replace a professional appraisal nor to determine the price of a particular property.